Sunday, January 24, 2010

Jason Spingarn-Koff Blogs about Life 2.0's Sundance Premiere



David Courier (Documentary Programmer, Sundance Film Festival talks to director Spingarn-Coff after the premiere of Life 2.0), director Jason Springarn-Koff and producer Stephan Paternot at the premiere.
(Photos by Getty Images)

Our premiere of "Life 2.0" was sold out with 75 on the waitlist. I
was quite nervous as the lights dimmed, but after more than 3 years of
making the film, what a huge relief to finally share with a live
audience! The crowd was lively -- more laughs than I expected -- and
responded as I hoped to the dramatic ups and downs. Once the
screening was over, we had a very engaging and thoughtful Q&A --
joined by my fellow producers Andrew Lauren and Stephan Paternot, and
DP Dan Krauss and composer Justin Melland. As I take shuttles around
snowy Park City, I'm running into a surprising number of people who
have seen or heard of the film and want to chat about virtual worlds
and the implications for society. The film has people thinking and
debating, which was my greatest hope. What a tremendous honor to be
here -- one of the happiest moments of my career. -- Jason Spingarn-Koff

1 comment:

  1. I saw this film and was one of the people who chatted with the director on a shuttle - it was a terrific film, a great examination of the issues that face people who spend so much time in virtual worlds. Good work, and highly recommended.

    ReplyDelete